While every believer is part of the Church as organism (the Spiritual Body of Christ), only by a public promise can you be part of the church as organization. A public promise, or covenant, is the basis for all society, according to the Bible: marriage, employment, citizenship, church membership, etc., are all relationships of accountability.
Membership in a church is not like membership in a social club or other organizations. Most organization members are consumers; the organization exists to serve them. The Church of Christ is a completely different community – membership means ministry and service, going from being a consumer to becoming a provider of God’s love and care to others.
Here are the 7 “steps” involved in becoming an official member of New Hope:
- Salvation through faith in Jesus.
- Baptism by immersion.
- Attend “Discover New Hope,” our membership class.
- Agree to the doctrines of New Hope.
- Meet for your personal interview with one of the pastors. They will ask you to tell your story of how you came to faith, and begin to discern where you can serve in the church based on your unique Spiritual gifts and experiences.
- Be voted in and celebrated at a Sunday meeting of the entire church.
- Glorify God by using your gifts in your New Hope family!
To find out when the next Discover New Hope class is being offered, or for more info, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.